jude was conceived by fresh donor sperm, thanks to our dear friend the coach, aka uncle g. we inseminated at home every time, using a syringe with a catheter, ie the the proverbial “turkey baster” method.
- april 2007: first insemination attempts, questionable ovulation date. bfn.
- may/june 2007: false signs of ovulation resulting in many insems. no temp rise on chart. progesterone test at dr’s office confirms i am not ovulating regularly, if at all.
- july 2007: first month with clomid–a “dry run” as we make sure my body can handle it. picture perfect chart and opks confirm ovulation
- august 2007: first insem with clomid. perfect timing. bfn
- september 2007: my mom comes to visit just as i am sure of imminent ovulation. i frantically drop off mom at the airport as h does an early morning pickup of the swimmers. we perform a hasty insem just before i have to go to work. i make sure to prop myself up on a yoga ball for 20 mins. it is our only insem for this month. i’m pretty sure that timing is perfect, and i ovulate later that day. fingers are crossed
- 5 october 2007: 12 dpo, i test: bfp!
- 18 june 2008: judith marguerite is born at home with a midwife. she is absolutely perfect.
second verse, same as the first:
- july 2009, +opk, no charting, last minute decision to begin trying again. bfn.
- sept 2009, chart and opk confirm ovulation, perfect timing, bfn.
- oct 2009, first round of clomid, again with the perfect timing, lots of hopeful nausea, bfn.
- nov 2009, second round of clomid, perfect timing once more, clomid wreaks havoc on my emotional stability. bfn.
- dec 2009, take a break from clomid. surge has likely happened on christmas, the day i’ve chosen to not pee on a stick. i feel ovulation upon me. insem on 12/27. i’m sure we’re too late. temp is already up. 10dpo: bfn. 11dpo: BFP!