it’s been a week since i last posted? i had no idea. here i am, continuing to be a tankful, and for a lot of tings, such as:
1. uncle g, who can always be relied upon to pick up the rear when we are unwell. zig has a rotavirus that has given him copious diarrhea since last tuesday, jude has the crud (and burgeoning pinkeye…), clemdog has been vomiting for a week, and h and i are both meh. uncle g spent most of this past weekend entertaining the sick kiddos, applying lotrimin to raging diaper rash, and cleaning dog vomit, all while h & i either rested or caught up on cleaning various things. somebody give this man an award. or at least a hefty meat entree.
2. solid poo, the first of which, in recent memory, zig had this morning.
3. our pediatrician, who can see our children on a moment’s notice. like this morning, at 9:45.
4. netflix streaming the red balloon, which is currently blowing jude’s mind. “that is a cheeky balloon!” she laughs over and over. [aside: h watched it for the first time this weekend, and decided that the ending isn’t about transcendence, or ascendence, or even relief; instead, all the balloons of paris are taking young pascal “away” after finding him responsible for the death of their friend. kind of changes the whole story, eh?]
zig also enjoys the red balloon:
5. the fact that, when faced with simultaneous illness, my children snuggle each other:
6. imminent thanksgiving, even if we are quarantined to our house with no traditional fare, because we gots enough love and cheese and wine to get us through.
dear reader, what are you tankful for?