lately, my brain has functioned a lot more crisply when i write things in a numbered fashion. (see last post.) in the spirit of crispness, and a stolen moment to write at 7:18 am, here is a list of things i am thankful for today:
the reality of rain makes my toes tingle. i’m investing a whole lot of hope into this kind of cleansing, of drought relief.
2. norton bodega malbec reserve. the oakiest, smokiest wine i can afford. it is the flavor of this autumn.
3. leaving work before 5pm sometimes. h sent me this pic late yesterday afternoon:
i immediately closed my laptop, dashed out of the office, and met my fambly at the park, just before sunset. we played until the sun went down, and then ate sandwiches outside. “we’re eating in the dark!” jude said with a giggle, delighted and bewildered by previously unknown possibilities.
4. stitcher radio app. its existence makes my commute a happy one, what with so many podcasts to enjoy. [not a paid endorsement.]
5. the marriage plot. mr eugenides’ most recent novel has made me hungry for fiction again.
6. my fambly (por supuesto). they are the centered breath in the chaos of my worries.